Why is it with children that on days when they are likely to receive presents, i.e. Christmas Day and Birthdays, they are able to spring fully awake at the crack of dawn, and yet when you try to get them up on a normal school morning or even weekend, it's impossible? First to Arise today was the Birthday Boy!!
All cards and presents duly opened and Ooo'ed and Aaa'ed over, we went to Church to celebrate the more important rising, from the dead no less, of the "man" who truly loves us.
I can't imagine going through life without the love of my Savior. Reading through Matthew this week has reminded me of the incredible sacrifice he made for me, and every other person ever created. He died so that we could have eternal life. He was rejected by those he came to save, and he chose to love each of us anyway. What an incredible day to celebrate that our God is not dead, he's ALIVE!
So, in linking to http://ajourneytoadream.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/vive-le-revolution.html today and writing 10 things which make me happy, number 1 "Reasons to be Cheerful" has to be:-
(in no particular order)
1. Jesus Loves Me - no matter how 'rubbish' I am!!
3. Friends - I don't have many of them, very few in fact, but what I lack in quantity, I make up for in quality. Indeed, one of my bestest friends is an Angel here on earth. She inspires me to be a better me and she lights up my world, especially at its darkest, and (if it's not too creepy?) in the words of One Direction, "You don't know you're beautiful", but we all see it.
4. I live in a lovely part of the world, just five minutes from this. The view from the top of this Tor looking down is even more spectacular than looking up at this Tor. God's creation is Amazing!
5. Today was a Good Day for me and I didn't have that feeling of walking through treacle and moving forwards in slow motion today.
6. I wasn't given loads of Easter Eggs/Chocolate/Sweets today. I have 8 stone to lose and I really don't need the temptation. Instead I received a £5 Amazon voucher, which I can use to buy a book for my lovely Kindle, which was much nicer.
7. The weather has been lovely today so the boys could play out with the big present of the day, a radio controlled truck. This not only gave them pleasure, but kept them out of everyone else's way, a bonus. (I do love them really!).
8. I got lots of hugs today!! Hugs keep me Alive.
9. The CDs my Dad sent me in the post to play while driving around in my new car.
10. Seeing my lovely niece on Skype and realising its not that hard to do, so maybe my Sons could Skype with their Grandparents, which would spread the happiness a lot further.
Lots of Love, Arwedd x