Pages

Friday 25 May 2012

Depression Lies



Has anyone ever warned you about another person? Not in a nasty, malicious, "None of us like her", kind of way, but in a genuine caring, "just watch out for yourself" kind of way. The kind of way that makes you act just a little more carefully, that makes you try to be a bit more discerning about whether what they are feeding you is true or not. It's happened to me once or twice and I was always grateful for the warning, forewarned is forearmed, after all. I never thought, I wish they hadn't told me that. I might have thought, I'll wait and see for myself, but I was able to mind the cracks on the way.

Well I've got a friendly warning for you, Depression Lies. It's toxic and it's not to be believed.

When it tells you that the World would be better off without you, don't listen, it's telling lies.

When it tells you that all your troubles are your own stupid fault, don't listen, it's telling lies.

When it tells you that you are rubbish at everything, a rubbish mother, a rubbish wife, a rubbish daughter daughter, a rubbish friend, a rubbish employee, a rubbish human being, without exception, don't listen, it's telling lies.

When it tells you that everyone is talking about you behind your back, don't listen it's telling lies.

When it tells you that you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself, because you can't get motivated to keep yourself clean, let alone sort the laundry, the vacuuming and the cleaning and tidying, don't listen to it, it's telling lies.

When it tells you that things can only get worse, don't listen, it's telling lies.

When it tells you it will never get better than this, don't listen, it's telling lies.

 .....if you consider suicide an option, I get it. Please, please, tell someone, anyone. NOW!

and please, please remember, Depression lies, it can't be trusted and it should never be listened to.



Lots of Love Arwedd xx
 

5 comments:

  1. Sadly, depression is a very good liar....it can be so cruelly deceptive.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depression is such an insidious beast. It has you thinking and believing things before you even realize it. My mother and her mother suffered from it as do I & I'm very grateful for the medication that helps keep it at bay. I wish they could have had a chance to try it. Hugs-Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are wonderful, loving person, who makes the world a better place for those who know and love you. Lot's of people would be lost without your presence in their lives - That's the truth!
    You are the person God made you to be, & who Jesus came for- That's The GREATEST TRUTH OF ALL !!!
    Look after yourself my friend, when you are ready,take one step at a time, one minute at a time, until then let The Lord carry you until you are well enough to walk alongside Him and leave 2 sets of footprints in the sand again.

    Thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic blog Arwedd - this is just so, so true. Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete