Pages

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Diamonds are Forever

Well what an interesting few days over the Diamond Jubilee extended Bank Holiday.


The coverage of all the various events was compulsive viewing, some of it for it's beautiful pagentry and colour and some of it, for example some of the sets at the amazing Concert, for their sheer car crash nature.  Not wishing to be mean, but I genuinely think some performers need to accept that their voices do deteriorate with age and there comes a time to call it a day. The BBC commentary was often dire and nauseating, to the point of slashing my wrists, and yet we watched on! Fascinating.


I promised DH that if one of the presenters said "They haven't let the weather dampen their spirits", one more time, I would scream and would you believe it after that, I had to scream and scream, until I was sick!

However, vegging out in front of the telly for hours on end, waiting for the next thing to happen, gave me the perfect excuse to continue work on Crochet Blanket 2.

I got all the tails so far sewn in and did several more rows, but it's still not ready for it's tada moment yet.

Hope you all enjoyed the footage and had a good rest too!

Lots of Love Arwedd xx

10 comments:

  1. Our commentators apologised for the BBC footage!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glued to it too. Glad you thought the same about the concert, shame really.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did try and blame the quality of the broadcast sound, but I think that was generous!

      Arwedd xx

      Delete
  3. How I agree about the inane comments of the BBC presenters. How sad that the whole event swiftly switched from celebrating the queens 60 year reign into a celebrity fest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some semblance of a script wouldn't have gone amiss as ad-libbing clearly wasn't anyone's forte.

      Arwedd xx

      Delete
  4. We watched it last night & luckily for us minus the commentary. I agree some performers voices age more than others. Tom Jones still rocks & for me was the best of the aging rockers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a Welsh gal, Tom Jones has always rocked my boat, but I thought he put the rest to shame. Why did he have such a quick set, compared to the likes of Kylie? I mean please, different league!!

      Arwedd xx

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed watching it and like you, worked on my crochet blanket! I agree about the oldies but goodies but I still loved watching them, namely Tom and Paul and Elton still sounded good. More than could be said for Cheryl Cole, yes she's beautiful but can't really sing. Still, she's got more money than me so she must have done something right haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just sat it wasn't the right kind of song for her and leave it that. Elton has sounded better but is such an entertainer he can get away with it and Paul got a bit drowned out by the backing singers I thought. Tom still has a really strong voice, but I think he works very hard to keep it, sometimes not speaking for weeks at a time if that's correct. Must be fairly boring!!

      Arwedd xx

      Delete