Pages

Friday 20 July 2012

The Three Musketeers

M wanted his two best friends home for tea yesterday and for some mad reason I agreed. I think was feeling sorry for him that it would be his last chance for a while, as they don't get together so often in the school holidays.

These 3 are a real little band of brothers, just like the 3 Musketeers.

Apparently the hands on the hips was compulsory?!?
They have been together since they were at nursery and despite a few off days they have remained firm friends for years. I know they can be a bit silly, they are only 8 after all, and I normally only have 1 friend home for tea at a time as it saves the 3rd one being left out when they want to do something diffferent, but I agreed nonetheless. However, I was totally unprepared for the NOISE!!
Silliness seemed to have reached epic proportions aswell !!

They have definitely gone into holiday mode and had gone up about 10 decibels. I had to remind them about 3 times on the short walk home that they didn't need to shout as they were standing right next to each other.


Before we went to the local park for a kick around D'Artagnan showed up and then there were 4 Musketeers!!

2 in the playhouse
and 2 in the tree.

All of them had brought a nice treat home from school, as their class had won the school Cake Bake, so they were awarded this lovely book.

However, all they seemed to talk about was how in the school holidays they were going to bake the lovely cakes in the book with added dead frogs, dead shrews, dead bats etc, etc, etc. I'm hoping we can make a few in the holidays with just the suggested ingredients.

Don't think I'm complaining, I enjoyed it really. It was fun listening to their strange conversations both in the park and over the tea table, but boy did I need a rest to let my ears recover after they went home.

Lots of Love Arwedd xxx

4 comments:

  1. I am so with you on this one. I have 3 boys of my own - age 16,14 and 10, plus one quieter daughter (very nearly 18). The noise when all 3 boys are in the house is LOUD, and when a friend or two is addes to the equation -EXTRA LOUD!! Luckily we have a fairly bid house , and I can disappear to one end of it, leaving them at the other!!I haven't forgotten about the sewing machine - Now that I am on holidat(hurray) I will dig it out of the garage and see if it is in a fit state to pass on to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks Kate, I haven't had any luck at finding a machine so far!!

      Arwedd xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like the Roald Dahl Revolting Recipe book would have suited them better. Boys will be boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brings back memories of when my boy (now 29 and a dad-to-be)was young-good times!

    ReplyDelete