Pages

Thursday 6 September 2012

Spirals

Welcome to new Follower, Charlotte, nice to have you here. 

**Please May I? and Welsh Poppy, I still have some goodies sitting on my sideboard to send to you, if you send me your details.**
 
The next crochet project is already on the hook.



The fawn wool is 100% Alpaca and I wish you could touch it on the screen as it feels so gorgeously soft. The salmon pink is a Sublime 100% Merino wool. This is for the next September birthday present.


I was caught doing some in the palyground after school today and three Mums I see, but don't normally talk to, came over to inspect my work. One says she has bought the new "Art of Crochet" magazine that has been on so many TV adverts lately (at least in the UK). She was fascinated by the way I hold my yarn, as "that's not how it says in the magazine", but she gave it a go and found it easier. She has done her foundation chain and ripped it back a few times for practice and I felt so happy to say if she gets stuck I would try and help. Me, the beginner, becoming the teacher, that makes me laugh so hard!!

Eldest son queried whether the scarf was supposed to be so twisted, when I said yes it matched the recipient, I had a lot of explaining to do.

Unfortunately, my head is also doing spirals tonight. This is my third severe headache in the last two days, so off to dose myself up with Neurofen and Paracetamol.

Anyone else going to try the new magazine?

Lots of Love Arwedd xx

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! I have taken my crochet to the hospital while waiting on my new grandchild and to school waiting on my grandson. Many people have commented but none have tried. Did your son understand the 'twisted' comment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My MIL was disgusted with me when I pulled out the crochet in the pub, while we were waiting for our meal to arrive!!
      He got it eventually.

      Arwedd xx

      Delete
    2. Honey, being a hooker (of the good kind) ain't nothing to be ashamed of! Xxx

      Delete
  2. LOL your MIL - good on you for multi tasking I say & don't you love it when suddenly you are the voice of experience. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parcel arrived!!! I haven't opened it yet, I just wanted to let you know it's here.
    Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray & Phew! Glad it got there, I was wondering. Enjoy!

      Arwedd xx

      Delete
  4. We used to crochet spiral hair ribbons for our girls back in the 80's. I'd forgotten all about them-maybe I need to make some for my grandgirls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the spiral design and colours very pretty.
    Hope your lessons are going well, :)
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete